I am a Visiting Researcher at Google.
I am looking for Ph.D. students interested in working in the areas of human-centered machine learning/AI, reinforcement learning, multi-agent systems and computational models of social systems.
I also have funding for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position. Please contact me if you are interested.
Two new papers accepted in ACM IMWUT and to be presented at ACM UbiComp 2020: Quantifying the Relationships between Everyday Objects and Emotional States through Deep Learning Based Image Analysis Using Smartphones and A Multi-perspective Analysis of Social Context and Personal Factors in Office Settings for the Design of an Effective Mobile Notification System.
Our book Intelligent Notification Systems published by Morgan&Claypool is out!
Our paper Partner Selection for the Emergence of Cooperation in Multi-Agent Systems using Reinforcement Learning has been accepted for presentation in the Technical Program of AAAI 2020.
I am currently involved in the following upcoming scientific events:
- 9th International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR 2021) [Program Committee Member]
- 14th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (ACM WSDM 2021) [Program Committee Member]
- 27th International ACM Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (ACM HotMobile 2021) [General Chair]
- 35th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence [Program Committee Member]
- 34th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 1st ACM Workshop on Distributed Machine Learning at ACM CoNEXT 2020 [Program Committee Member]
Please consider submitting your work to and attending these conferences and workshops!
Current areas of interest include:
- Human-centred Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning;
- Reinforcement Learning and its applications;
- Modelling of social systems (human, artificial, hybrid);
- Computational models of human/user behaviour (and their applications to the design of algorithms and systems).
Last updated: 22 October 2020.