I am Professor of Computer Science at the Department of Computer Science at University College London (UCL). I lead the Intelligent Social Systems Lab. We are part of the Autonomous Systems Research Group. I am also Professor of Computer Science at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Bologna. More information about my bio, current and past appointments, etc can be found here.
Our paper “Dynamic Network Reconfiguration for Entropy Maximization using Deep Reinforcement Learning” has been accepted at the Learning on Graphs Conference (LoG 2022). The camera ready of the paper will be available soon. In the meanwhile, the pre-print of the paper can be found here.
The applications for the UCL Foundational Artificial Intelligence PhD program for the September 2023 intake are now open. You can find all the information here.
PhD Students. I am happy to discuss potential Ph.D. opportunities in my lab. I am looking for candidates with a good degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths/Statistics. Please feel free to contact me by email. Please include a brief description of your research interests and your curriculum vitae/transcripts in your message.
Postdoctoral Research Associates. I am also happy to discuss opportunities for joining the lab as Postdoctoral Research Associate. Please feel free to get in contact to discuss more.
I am currently involved in the following upcoming scientific events:
- 40th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML 2023) [Program Committee Member]
- 22nd International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2023) [Senior Program Committee Member]
- 11th International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR 2023) [Program Committee Member]
- 37th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2023) [Demo Chair]
- 26th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS 2023) [Program Committee Member]
Please consider submitting your work to and attending these conferences.
A list of past events I have been involved in can be found here.
I have broad research interests spanning several traditional and emerging areas of Computer Science and beyond. More specifically, current research areas of interest include:
- Machine Learning/Reinforcement Learning;
- Computational models (in particular, learning models) of human/user/machine behaviour;
- Machine Intelligence for ubiquitous, mobile, and cyber-physical systems;
- Generative Artificial Intelligence.
I am interested in foundational problems in these areas and also their practical applications in a variety of fields including autonomous systems, human-centered AI, digital health, networked systems and security&privacy.
More information about my research activities can be found here.
Last updated: 14 January 2023.