At UCL I am Deputy Director of the Leverhulme Doctoral Training Programme for the Ecological Study of the Brain and the Director of the UCL Master in Geospatial Analysis.
- Our paper “Partner Selection for the Emergence of Cooperation in Multi-Agent Systems using Reinforcement Learning” has been accepted for presentation in the Technical Program of AAAI 2020. The paper will be available online soon.
Postdoctoral Researchers. I have funding for a 2-year Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in my lab. I am also happy to discuss other opportunities for working in my group, including fellowships such as those offered through the Newton Fund, EU Skłodowska-Curie Actions or the Fulbright Scholar Program.
Ph.D. Students. I am also looking for students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in my lab. If you are interested please contact me by email in order to discuss potential funding sources for your studies (such as available postgraduate studentships and other potential sources of Ph.D. funding). You can find more information here.
I am currently involved in the following upcoming scientific events:
- 14th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (AAAI ICWSM 2020) [Senior Program Committee Member]
- 25th ACM International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (ACM IUI 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 17th ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (ACM MobiSys 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 5th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things Design and Implementation (ACM/IEEE IoTDI 2020) [Program Committee Member]
Please consider submitting your work to and attending these conferences and workshops!
Current areas of interest include:
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning for ubiquitous and autonomous systems, with a focus on the algorithmic and theoretical aspects;
- Autonomous and intelligent systems with human(s)-in-the-loop;
- Reinforcement Learning and multi-agent systems;
- Computational social science, with a focus on applications of machine learning to behavioural data (such as mobile data, sensor and Internet of Things data, social media and other user-generated content, etc.) and computational and mathematical models of human behaviour and social systems (and their applications).
Last updated: 16 November 2019.