I am Professor of Computer Science at the Department of Computer Science at University College London (UCL). I am a Turing Fellow at the Alan Turing Institute, the UK National Institute for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. I am the Turing University Lead for UCL, i.e., I coordinate and support the research activities involving UCL and the Turing. I am also Professor of Computer Science at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Bologna.
You can find more information about my bio, past appointments, awards, etc. here.
September 2021 I got interviewed for a Q&A article on causality in digital medicine in Nature Communications.
Past news can be found here.
I am very happy to discuss potential Ph.D. opportunities in my lab. Please feel free to contact me by email, including a brief description of your research interests and your CV in your message.
I also have funding for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position. Please contact me if you are interested.
I am currently involved in the following upcoming scientific events:
- 25th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS 2022) [Program Committee Member]
- 10th International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR 2022) [Program Committee Member]
- 36th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2022) [Senior Program Committee Member]
- 27th ACM Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (ACM IUI 2022) [Program Committee Member]
- 35th International Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2021) [Program Committee Member]
- 2nd ACM Workshop on Distributed Machine Learning at ACM CoNEXT 2021 [Program Committee Member]
Please consider submitting your work to and attending these conferences and workshops.
A list of past events I have been involved in can be found here.
Current areas of interest include:
- (Multi-Agent) Reinforcement Learning and its applications;
- Machine Learning and networked systems;
- Modelling and analysis of social systems (human, artificial, hybrid);
- Computational models of human/user behaviour (and their applications to the design of algorithms and systems, e.g., for human-computer interaction, security&privacy and digital health).
Last updated: 18 September 2021.