I am Professor of Computer Science at the Department of Computer Science at University College London (UCL). I lead the Intelligent Social Systems Lab. We are part of the Autonomous Systems Research Group. I am also Professor of Computer Science at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Bologna. More information about my bio, current and past appointments, etc can be found here.
Our paper Control-Tutored Reinforcement Learning: Towards the Integration of Data-Driven and Model-Based Control has been accepted for publication at L4DC 2022.
Our paper Goal-directed Graph Construction using Reinforcement Learning has been accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the Royal Society A.
I got interviewed for a Q&A article on causality in digital medicine in Nature Communications.
News archive can be found here.
I have broad research interests spanning several traditional and emerging areas of Computer Science and beyond. More specifically, current research areas of interest include:
- Machine Learning/Reinforcement Learning and their applications;
- Machine intelligence for ubiquitous and mobile systems, cyber-physical systems and the Internet of Things;
- Computational models (in particular, learning models) of human/user/machine behaviour.
I am interested in applications in several areas including networked systems, autonomous systems, human-AI interaction, digital health and security&privacy.
PhD Students. I am happy to discuss potential Ph.D. opportunities in my lab. I am looking for candidates with a good degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths/Statistics. Please feel free to contact me by email. Please include a brief description of your research interests and your curriculum vitae/transcripts in your message.
Postdoctoral Research Associates. I am also happy to discuss opportunities for joining the lab as Postdoctoral Research Associate. Please feel free to arrange a meeting to get in contact to discuss more.
I am currently involved in the following upcoming scientific events:
- 22nd International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2023) [Senior Program Committee Member]
- 11th International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR 2023) [Program Committee Member]
- 37th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2023) [Demo Chair]
- 26th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS 2023) [Program Committee Member]
- 36th International Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2022) [Program Committee Member]
- 3rd ACM Workshop on Distributed Machine Learning (DistributedML 2022) at ACM CoNEXT 2022 [Program Committee Member]
Please consider submitting your work to and attending these conferences.
A list of past events I have been involved in can be found here.
Last updated: 18 September 2022.