I will join the UCL Department of Computer Science in September 2020. If you are interested in PhD and postdoc opportunities based at UCL Computer Science, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I am Professor of Data Science at the Department of Geography at University College London, where I lead the Intelligent Social Systems Lab. I am Deputy Director of the Leverhulme Doctoral Training Programme for the Ecological Study of the Brain and the Director of the UCL Master in Social and Geographic Data Science.
I am a Visiting Researcher at Google.
I am looking for Ph.D. students interested in working in the areas of human-centered machine learning/AI, reinforcement learning, multi-agent systems and computational models of social systems.
I also have funding for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position. Please contact me if you are interested.
Two new papers accepted in ACM IMWUT and to be presented at ACM UbiComp 2020: Quantifying the Relationships between Everyday Objects and Emotional States through Deep Learning Based Image Analysis Using Smartphones and A Multi-perspective Analysis of Social Context and Personal Factors in Office Settings for the Design of an Effective Mobile Notification System.
Our book Intelligent Notification Systems published by Morgan&Claypool is out!
Our paper Partner Selection for the Emergence of Cooperation in Multi-Agent Systems using Reinforcement Learning has been accepted for presentation in the Technical Program of AAAI 2020.
I am currently involved in the following upcoming scientific events:
- 9th International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR 2021) [Program Committee Member]
- 14th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (ACM WSDM 2021) [Program Committee Member]
- 27th International ACM Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (ACM HotMobile 2021) [General Chair]
- 34th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 36th International Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 25th International ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (ACM KDD 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 1st ACM Workshop on Distributed Machine Learning at ACM CoNEXT 2020 [Program Committee Member]
Please consider submitting your work to and attending these conferences and workshops!
Current areas of interest include:
- Human-centred Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning;
- Reinforcement Learning and its applications;
- Multi-agent systems and modelling of social systems;
- Computational models of human/user behaviour (and their applications to the design of algorithms and systems).
Last updated: 9 August 2020.