At UCL I am Deputy Director of the Leverhulme Doctoral Training Programme for the Ecological Study of the Brain and the Director of the UCL Master in Social and Geographic Data Science.
Two new papers accepted in ACM IMWUT and to be presented at ACM UbiComp 2020. The paper Quantifying the Relationships between Everyday Objects and Emotional States through Deep Learning Based Image Analysis Using Smartphones discusses the application of deep learning techniques for studying the association between the presence of objects in users’ environment and their emotional states. Instead, the paper A Multi-perspective Analysis of Social Context and Personal Factors in Office Settings for the Design of an Effective Mobile Notification System presents an “in-the-wild” study of the factors affecting the design of intelligent notification systems in a workplace.
Our book Intelligent Notification Systems published by Morgan&Claypool is out!
Our paper Partner Selection for the Emergence of Cooperation in Multi-Agent Systems using Reinforcement Learning has been accepted for presentation in the Technical Program of AAAI 2020.
I have funding for a 2-year Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in my lab. The formal advert will be out in the first months of 2020, but please do not hesitate to contact me in case you are interested in the meanwhile.
I am currently involved in the following upcoming scientific events:
- 27th International ACM Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (ACM HotMobile 2021) [General Chair]
- 34th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems(NeurIPS 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 36th International Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 25th International ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (ACM KDD 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 14th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (AAAI ICWSM 2020) [Senior Program Committee Member]
- 25th ACM International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (ACM IUI 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 17th ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (ACM MobiSys 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 17th IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking (IEEE SECON 2020) [Program Committee Member]
- 5th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things Design and Implementation (ACM/IEEE IoTDI 2020) [Program Committee Member]
Please consider submitting your work to and attending these conferences and workshops!
Current areas of interest include:
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning and humans;
- Reinforcement Learning and multi-agent systems;
- Computational models of human behaviour and social systems (and their applications);
- Analysis and modelling of behavioural data (such as mobile data, sensor and Internet of Things data, social media and other user-generated content, etc.).
Last updated: 26 March 2020.